The Towne & Country Players Community Theater Group has been fortunate in having among its membership many people with the abilities, talents and dedication needed in all aspects of successful theatrical productions. Many members are from the Versailles area, but the success of our group has attracted many talented people from other nearby communities. We welcome anyone interested in helping T&CP promote the theater arts in our area.
Community theater provides an opportunity for local people to participate in artistic expression, to perform, sing, direct, work on various committees, and feel good about their contributions. While putting together a production, we frequently make lasting friendships.
Towne & Country Players was first formed in 1972 under the name of the Versailles Community Chorus. Over 50 musicals, comedies, and dramas, along with special community and dinner theater presentations. Also numerous library lawn shows, Easter, and Christmas cantatas have been presented.
The Versailles Community Chorus began in the winter of 1972. An invitation by Dale and Alnora Snedeker was extended to anyone in the community who wanted to sing to join the group at the high school. Sixty people of all ages attended that first meeting. Over the years, hundreds of talented men and women have participated in our continually active community theatre group.
Jerry and Sue Kerns directed many of the musicals, including "The Fantasticks" in 1989, which earned T&CP the honor of representing the United States at the International Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. The cast, families and guests journeyed to Edinburgh, by way of London, to present the performances. They enjoyed two weeks of touring England and Scotland and the opportunity of seeing many varied theatrical presentations by professional and amateur groups from all over the world.
This active community theatre group, Towne & Country Players, has been fortunate in having among their membership many people with abilities and talents needed in all aspects for its success, including producers, directors, and the singers, actors, dancers on stage. Most members are from the Versailles area, but we welcome anyone interested in helping T&CP promote the theatre arts in Darke County.
501(c)(3) Tax Exemption Status FEI #31-1086270
- June 1973 Oklahoma!*
- June 1974 Mame*
- June 1975 The Music Man*
- June 1976 Annie Get Your Gun*
- July 1976 Annie Get your Gun (Memorial Hall)*
- June 1977 South Pacific*
- June 1978 Hello Dolly*
- June 1980 The Pajama Game*
- Oct. 1982 Who Dunit?
- June 1983 The Sound of Music
- Nov. 1983 The Prisoner of Second Avenue
- June 1984 Once Upon A Mattress
- June 1985 Oklahoma!
- Aug. 1985 Make Him Smile
- Nov. 1985 Harvey
- Dec. 1985 Christmas Spectacular
- June 1986 Annie
- Dec. 1986 Christmas Spectacular
- June 1987 Carousel
- Aug. 1987 I Believe in Make Believe
- Oct. 1987 The Octette Bridge Club
- June 1988 Broadway Memories
- Aug. 1988 Ciro's Circus
- Nov. 1984 The Orphans
- June 1989 The Fantasticks
- Aug. 1989 I Didn't Know That
- June 1990 Oliver
- Aug. 1990 The Fantastics (Edinburgh Arts Festival, Scotland)
- June 1991 Cinderella
- Nov. 1991 Nunsense
- June 1992 Fiddler on the Roof
- Feb. 1993 Is There Life After High School?
- June 1993 The King & I
- June 1994 Ovations
- Sept.1994 Is There Life After High School(All Class Reunion)
- Nov. 1994 Mystery Dinner Theatre
- Feb. 1995 Steel Magnolias
- June 1995 The Wizard of Oz
- Nov. 1995 Mystery Dinner Theatre
- Feb. 1996 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- June 1996 Grease
- Feb. 1997 Don't Rock the Boat
- Sept.1997 Seven Brides of Seven Brothers
- Dec. 1997 Cheaper by the Dozen
- June 1998 Mame
- Sept.1998 Nunsense (All Class Reunion)
- Mar 1999 You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
- July 1999 45 Minutes from Broadway
- May 2000 Hope Springs Eternal
- June 2001 Annie
- Feb. 2002 Night of January 16th
- June 2002 Nunsense Jamboree
- Aug. 2002 America Singing (All Class Reunion)
- Apr. 2003 Wild West Women
- June 2004 Footloose
- Aug. 2004 Footloose (Memorial Hall)
- Oct. 2004 Heidi
- June 2005 Little Shop of Horrors
- June 2006 West Side Story
- June 2007 Cinderella
- Sept. 2007 Forever Plaid
- June 2008 Wizard of Oz
- June 2009 Honk
- Nov. 2009 Plaid Tidings
- June 2010 Farewell to the Stage
- June 2011 The Secret Garden
- April 2012 Putnam County Spelling Bee
- June 2012 Godspell
- June 2013 Wedding Singer
- June 2014 Tarzan
- June 2015 Mary Poppins
- June 2016 Nunsense
- July 2017 Annie
- July 2018 Oliver!